Warner Bros. Discovery (formerly WarnerMedia/Turner)
Senior Director of Mobile Engineering • Jul 2021 — now
I currently lead a 40+ mobile/connected engineering for WBD's Sports Technology vertical, helping to
build and deliver sports digital experiences for Bleacher Report
( iOS |
& March Madness Live
( iOS |
Android ). I create technical strategies, architect solutions, manage and grow the engineering teams, and define processes for the organization.
- Launched Sports Technology Amsterdam office and recruited a new team of 20+ employees
- Led the development & launch of new Roku & Apple TV Bleacher Report apps within 3 months.
- Managed multiple teams, in different locations, across different timezones, including performance management.
- Built a foundation for collaboration between sports brand properties.
Director of Mobile Engineering • Oct 2018 — Jul 2021
- Recruited and built a team of mobile/connected architects. Together, we developed and executed on
a technical vision to improve architecture, processes, collaboration, & delivery.
- Led a multi-disciplinary 40-person team to redesign, rebuild, and launch the suite of
March Madness Live apps across 15+ platforms.
- Established new processes for improving efficiencies between engineering and product.
Wunderman Thompson Apps (formerly POSSIBLE Mobile/Double Encore)
Director of Android • Jan 2017 — Oct 2018
- Oversaw Android engineering (40+ engineers, 3 locations) for entire organization
- Responsible for project staffing, salary/bonus, hiring, and approvals
- Provided architectural direction and guidance
- Mentored direct reports and provide guidance for career path
Technical Architect • Jan 2013 — Dec 2016
- Led large scale projects for clients. Projects included Android & Fire apps for March Madness Live, the NBA, the PGA TOUR, and the JetBlue airline
- Managed technology to support multiple platforms
- Worked with clients to address challenges and provide solutions
- Coached developers
Senior Android Engineer • Sep 2011 — Dec 2012
Tech Advisor • 2023 — now
The Aces is a lifestyle brand and worldwide membership for a community that has an affinity for sports, travel, technology, and blockchain.
Open source author/maintainer • 2023 — now
GitHub action for generating sequential build numbers based on Git tag.
Open source author/developer • 2022 — now
I am passionate about automation and Fastlane is one of my favorite tools in my toolbox.
I wrote an open source Fastlane plugin for Roku app automation.
Featured in Android Weekly
Android Weekly • 2022
My 2021 360|Andev conference talk on 'Writing Amazing Tech Specs!' was highlighted in issue #499 of Android Weekly.
Sports Emmy for Outstanding Trans-media Sports Coverage
March Madness Live • 2017
Winner of the Outstanding Trans-media Sports Coverage Awarded for March Madness Live at the 39th Annual Sports Emmy Awards.